POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sky : sky Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  sky
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 20 May 2000 04:16:43
Message: <392649eb@news.povray.org>
Here's my most successful attempt at a sunset with the new MegaPov 05.
Changes to noise mean that many of the patterns have changed in subtle ways.
With media clouds have become softer and whispier.
The spotted, granite and wrinkles pattern are all affected. This pic uses
two wrinkles densities at right angles to one another.

A suggestion - Nathan can you gives us the option of using the old noise
pattern as well as the new in 06.  I know one can switch the version number
but having the old noise as a command would be more usesful.

Better still is it possible for the user to have some control over the noise
function.  Perhaps something like

noise Float

Mick

Post a reply to this message